By Brent Sauser
I had the opportunity to attend the SEBC Convention this week. SEBC stands for The Southeast Building Conference and was held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. This is mostly an excuse for contractors to get together to discuss current trends in building, observe new products in the exhibit hall, and capture as many continuing education credits as possible.
While walking the exhibit hall aisles I came across a relatively new product that really impressed me. It is the Trutankless Electric Water Heater! Finally, a tankless water heater for 100% all-electric homes. The Trutankless rep walked me through the technology and how it works. For Florida homes, where the water never really gets that cold the Trutankless water heater is something worth checking out, whether for new construction or retrofit. They say it will use 50% less energy when compared to the conventional tank water heater. The following is taken from their website, trutankless.com:
“Our trutankless electric water heater employs highly accurate sensors, robust solid state electronics, and proprietary software to power one of the most efficient heat exchangers ever produced.”
- LED touchscreen with wireless capabilities
- Built-in safety features like dry-fire defense, freeze and leak protection
- Custom stainless alloy elements operate more efficiently
- Reliable flow meter produces hot water at a consistent temperature within 1 degree
- Adjustable power management settings
- Built-in breakers for added safety
- Self-flushing, horizontal, downward flowing pipes prevent mineral buildup
- Ceramic thermal insulation
- Custom heat exchanger using patent pending Velix technology
CLICK HERE for more information regarding the Trutankless electric water heater.