by D. Brent Sauser
Solatube was at GreenBuild 2012 in November. I had the opportunity to visit their exhibit and in a previous blog I mentioned the brand new Solatube Smart LED System that they were showing off at the convention. I was very impressed with the simplicity of combining the best features of daylighting with the addition of LED lighting . . . saving up to 94% in lighting energy costs. But the benefits regarding the Solatube Smart LED System do not end there!. In their official announcement introducing this new product Solatube states:
“The Solatube Smart LED System harvests daylight during sunlight hours (using the traditional Solatube Daylighting System, and as light levels begin to dim, its “smart” sensors activate the LED lighting. Serving as an ideal security feature, the LED lighting prevents homes from going completely dark once the sun goes down.”
Other benefits of the Solatube Smart LED System include:
- No more changing light bulbs (LED bulbs last an average of 20 years)
- More daylight, which is free to use, renewable and makes everything look better
- Cost savings – daylight means not having to turn electric lights on; LED lighting means energy efficiency; up to 94% in lighting energy savings
- Energy efficiency – using daylight is the ultimate way to go green; LED lighting is a close second
- Security – knowing lights will be on when you come home or leave town
Click HERE for more information regarding the Solatube Smart LED System.
Click HERE for information regarding costs.